May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sewing Project - Not a Quilt

While in Carpinteria last month, I stopped by Roxanne's Make a Wish Quilt shop.  Well, actually, I stopped by at least 3 times. I love her inventory of bright colorful fabrics.  There is always something new to see.  I couldn't resist this chicken fabric.  It helped that they had it made up in a reversible apron.  I felt it calling to me so I bought fabric and pattern and today I finished this.  It will be a present for Lissa and the girls.



While in Carpinteria, I worked diligently on several UFOs.   One was a Fall themed block exchange quilt from 25+ years ago.  I had started out hand-quilting it and I finished it up with machine quilting.  I know it is old because it has fluffy poly batting in it.  But here it is.....Finished is good!


I also worked on my Jackie Gehring project from two different Road to California classes.  It still needs to be bound but it is almost finished.  I have no idea what to do with it.  It is basically a sampler of techniques.  I like the fabrics and colors. 
Carpinteria was lovely as usual.  My niece, Cheryl and I enjoyed a home tour and a visit to an orchid supplier.  We visited, watched a movie and worked on puzzles.  I missed the DGDs and hope they can come next year.

I am truly blessed.

No comments: